WELCOME TO OUR FOREST SCHOOL
We are very lucky to have a Forest School within our school grounds. Over the course of the year, each class spends time throughout the year taking part in Forest School activities learning new skills. It has caused great excitement within school.
Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners. It offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
The core beliefs of Forest school settings are that all learners are:
• equal, unique and valuable
• competent to explore & discover
• entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
• entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
• entitled to experience regular success
• entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
• entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
We will keep you updated on the fun we have been having and the skills we have been learning and developing on this page.
After school club
In our after school club, we have been helping to look after our school environment. We have been staining benches, weeding and planting. We want to follow Pope Francis's call in Laudato Si to look after our common home. In order to recycle pumpkins left over from Halloween and help feed the birds during these cold months, we decided to make bird feeders and put them up in our St Francis prayer garden.
During the season of Advent, we have been recycling items from nature to make Christmas decorations from pine cones and Christmas wreaths. Ho, ho, ho!