WELCOME TO OUR FOREST SCHOOL
This year we have introduced a Forest School within our school grounds. Over the course of the year, each class will spend an afternoon a week throughout a half-term taking part in Forest School activities learning new skills. It has caused great excitement within school.
Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners. It offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
The core beliefs of Forest school settings are that all learners are:
• equal, unique and valuable
• competent to explore & discover
• entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
• entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
• entitled to experience regular success
• entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
• entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
We will keep you updated on the fun we have been having and the skills we have been learning and developing on this page.